Employer Location Colon, Panama Salary Competitive Closing date Jul 13, 2022 Category , , Work Term Work Load Language You need to or to save a job.
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture - the "First Quantum Way".
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That's how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Job description : Purpose
The paramedic is in charge of attending any emergency 24 / 7 at the Mine Site or another area designated by the Medical Coordinator.
Key Accountabilities and Challenges
- Operate within and observe all relevant and applicable laws of Panama.
- Maintain HSE standards and ensure strict compliance within the process plant control room.
- Implement FQM Way culture in the Control Room team - "Bolder, Smarter, Driven, Together."
- Updated knowledge of BLS, ACLS, PHTLS protocols and other internal protocols (MERP, Procedures, etc.), both medical and administrative.
- Maintain ethical and cordial behavior with patients and coworkers at all times.
- Perform triage of patients following categorization by priorities.
- Go to night messages according to the distribution of shifts and even outside of these, if the situation requires it.
- Register patients on the virtual platform of the MPSA Clinic for new patients and update information on already known patients.
Personal history, procedures they perform, and alcohol and drug testing are included.
- Always be reachable and available in case of urgencies / emergencies (24 hours).
- Evaluate together with medical and nursing equipment that the trauma area is equipped.
- Conducting and filing breath alcohol and urine drug tests; or those that are used for said purpose or similar, according to clinic availability.
- Maintain their respective supplies and medicine supply areas as established in existing inventories. Report deficits according to established format.
- Application of first aid, basic, intermediate and advanced skills for patient care, according to their skills.
- Keep your work area in order and neat (ambulance, triage, alcohol and drug testing area, trauma and others where it operates).
- Carry out transfers of patients to reference health units, as necessary and by the means of transportation assigned according to severity (land or air).
- Collaborate with nurses and doctors in procedures when required (injectable, sprays, pipes, cures, eye washes, among others).
- Know and follow medication management protocol both during the day and at night, as indicated by internal protocols.
- Perform weekly reports of shift delivery, inventory of supplies and medications, inventories of ambulances, among others and as necessary.
- Respond to the Emergency site upon the order of the doctor responsible for care.
- Prepare pre-hospital and inter-hospital care sheet, report to the doctor and file it.
- After a transfer or care, review and replace the supplies and / or medications used, in an ambulance or trauma or transfer cases.
- Recover equipment used in the care and transfer of the patient.
- Ensure the good use and conservation of the MPSA clinic equipment.
- Take ambulance tours of the project, together with the OVEs, for reconnaissance of the area and in preparation for events / accidents.
During the tours, evaluate access routes, blocked routes and alternate routes, name of the sites, relocation, elimination or creation of new areas, areas with potential risks and report to Medical Coordinators.
- Take trial tours as needed and where required.
- Stay in the Clinic until the last patient leaves.
- Evaluate weekly, report oxygen tank status or when required, report verbally and in writing the need for tanks for refill.
- Report to the clinic upon return from the walk / trail.
- Take inventory of trail bag.
- Order and cleanliness of the trail team.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Medical Coordinator or the doctor on duty. Skills, Knowledge & Experience Education Technician in medical emergencies and disasters.
Seminars or Courses certified by Cruz Roja de Panama, SINAPROC or another similar entity on advancing First aid. Skills Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Strong ability to work in a "team" environment. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to maintain self-discipline within a stressful environment.
Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment Experience Previous experience as a paramedic. Language
Fluency in Spanish is required and proficiency in English highly regarded. A willingness to undertake language training desirable.
Behaviours Strong capabilities for planning, organizing and teamwork. Ability to prepare and present training sessions. Communicates effectively, both verbally and in writing in Spanish and using English Language (desirable).
Strength in cultural adaptability Working Conditions Cobre Panama is a remote site and the position is offered as Residential.
10 to 12 working hours per day. Might require occasionally support outside normal working hours to attend emergency situations.
Rotation 15 days on Site / 7 days off Safety and Environment Participate and contribute to safe practice and environmental awareness.
Ensure all Safety and Environmental incidents are addressed & reported promptly. Demonstrate personal commitment in regard to safety and environmental practices.
Identification of potential hazards and action that is appropriately taken. Maintenance of a high standard of efficiency, safety and effectiveness.
Raising, discussion and resolution of safety issues at regular meetings
Visit our website and register for instant job alerts at
Follow us for the latest news at LinkedIn
If you are already a First Quantum employee and have access to the First Quantum network, log into First Quantum MINE >
Careers to apply internally for this opportunity.
If you are an employee without network access, contact your Site Recruiter.
- Colon, Panama