Job description :
General Role Purpose (brief description of this job)
Safely maintain, install, troubleshoot and repair instrumentation and control equipment.
Qualifications (required for job) & Knowledge & Experience
- Technical Degree or vocational training recognized by JTIA at general electrician level.
- 7+ years of experience in industrial automation field and / or large scale instrumentation systems.
- Experience in a large, complex base metals processing plant highly regarded.
- Siemens PCS7 system exposure will be advantageous.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and able to provide clear and accurate reports.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong cognitive and analytical skills.
- Strong understanding of maintenance process improvement and control strategies.
- Knowledgeable in drives, AC & DC motor.
- Proficient in the safe use of a variety of test equipment used for the proper calibration, setup and diagnostics of process instrumentation equipment.
- Blueprint reading, one-line power and control diagrams, mechanical math skills
- Sound asset care, optimization and hazard control focus.
- Basic PLC programming ability, input and output cards.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
Core Specific Responsibilities & Expected Deliverables
- Operate within and observe all relevant and applicable laws of Panama.
- Maintain HSE standards and ensure strict compliance within the work area.
- Ensure work is executed in compliance with established H&S (e.g. isolation, lock out and tag out), quality and environmental standards and procedures.
- Use electrically safe work procedures, in accordance with National Regulations (NFPA 70) and best industry practices.
- Adhere to site Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Experienced in and compliant with, the use of personal protective gear such as basic PPE, hot sticks, arc flash resistant apparel, respiratory protection, and places or erects clearance tags, barricades, warning signs and devices to protect others from electrical hazards such as arch flash.
- Employ good housekeeping standards in all designated work areas.
- Utilize best industry practices to troubleshoot, service, repair and install Instrumentation systems and associated control equipment, including - but not limited to - transmitters, controllers, integrators, analyzers, recorders, positioners and radiation sources.
- Operate, inspect and perform preventive / predictive / corrective maintenance on the instrumentation and control system equipment.
- Read and understand design drawings, schematics, single line diagrams, and any other vendor supplied technical information, included but not limited to installation, operation and maintenance manuals.
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair all Control system equipment (up to PLC IO card Level), Industrial network components, transmitters, controllers, integrators, analyzers, recorders, positioners and radiation sources.
- Assist with the operation of various machineries controlled by the process control system, including Primary-, Secondary-, and Pebble Crushers, Conveyors, Chutes, Apron Feeders, Sag-, Ball-, Regrind Mills, Flotation Circuits, Thickeners, Large pump stations and Load determining / shedding devices.
- Respond to troubleshooting calls and take necessary actions to bring equipment back into service.
- Operates a variety of testing, calibration and repair devices, tools and equipment including milli-amp calibrators, Hart calibrators, voltmeters, ammeters, ohmmeters, vibration-, temperature tester / calibrators, amongst other.
- Prepares detailed estimates including labour and materials, and prepares lists of materials for continuous improvement projects.
- Assists other crafts as needed.
- Maintains current knowledge of equipment and materials through self-study and training.
- Prepares and maintains a variety of records and paperwork regarding work performed as well as maintaining drawing redlines.
- Due to material delays or other problems, it may be necessary to make minor changes in material requirements or modifications to assigned work.
- Communicate work order revisions, material delays or other problems to supervisor and await further instruction.
- Constantly reporting progress to supervisors and maintaining up to date information.
- Under direction, responsible for making or modifying daily work assignments.
- Assist and / or carry out logistical activities, such as transportation and / or driving of vehicles, personnel, materials, equipment and supplies to and from work areas, camps and other company facilities, as required by the supervisor.
- Continuously analyse equipment efficiencies, recommend and implement improvements and changes to maximize operations.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Behavioural Traits / Personal Characteristics
- Bolder : Flexible, versatile, and prepared to take on challenges as needed.
- Smarter : always looks for efficiencies and better ways of doing things
- Driven : Sets high standards, is motivated and determined.
- Together : communicates well with peers and understand others views.
Cobre Panama is a remote site. This exciting position is based on-site and will be focusing on driving and delivering operational accountability and ownership across various units at Cobre Panama site.
Rosters and working hours may vary depending on business requirements.
- Comply with current environmental regulations in Panama
- Comply with the commitments contained in the Environmental Impact Studies and other additional studies in this regard, which apply to your area and activities.
- Comply with the provisions of the Minera Panama Environmental Management System.